- Wear foundation! I know this seems counterintuitive but it isn’t. Foundation gives everybody better looking skin. Regardless, if you have zero acne, closed pores, open pores, acne prone skin, scaring, rashes, dark patches and so forth. Once you have the right foundation that matches your skin’s texture and color you can have smooth and dewy looking skin. If foundation gives you the look you want to achieve, and makes you feel great, then keep doing that. I think it’s totally fine……do what makes you happy! One of my favorite foundation is L’Oréal.
The first time I applied foundation to my face, I was 18 years old. Officially, I started wearing foundation on a regular basis once I turned 23.
Remove your MakeUp
- Since I previously mentioned makeup, the next best thing is remove your makeup before you sleep and immediately after a workout. This will prevent your pores from clogging. If your too exhausted to remove your makeup use a few baby wipes until, all your makeup is no longer visible.
Statin Pillow Case
- Sleep on a statin pillow case. I’ve been sleeping on a satin pillowcase since high school. Statin maintains the texture of the skin and preserves it for years to come. Plus statin is gentler for the skin than cotton. Statin pillow case reduce the amount of absorption your face attracts such as, oils and dirt compared to a cotton pillow case.
Cleanse your Face
- Cleanse your face twice a day. It’s obvious, but some people struggle with this step. This is very important because removing dirt and dead skin is the most important step to stop pimples from starting. A clean surface is the best to work with.
Exfoliate is more than cleansing
- Exfoliate. If I had to go without all skin care products and only keep one? I would keep an exfoliating face scrub. I exfoliate my skin everyday and that has worked for me. A few weeks ago, I was too busy to pick up one of my favorite scrub ST. Ives apricot scrub and 4 days went by without me exfoliating my face. I saw the difference in my skin, I had a few pimples, my dark circles enhanced and my skin looked dull. That won’t happen again!
Hydrate your Skin Within
- Water, water, and more water. It makes sense because our body is made-up of 80 percent of water. Hydrate, so you can keep the natural glow in your skin.
Diet has an Effect on the Skin
- Diet. You don’t have to go on a health kick! However, pay attention to the foods that make you feel sick or bloated because most likely, those foods are going to make your skin look dull, tired, dry and cause pimples.
Protection from the Sun
- I can’t stress this enough, use sun screen, even in the winter. Protect your skin from the sun at all cause. This will prevent your skin from aging faster.
Moisture & Balance
- Use a moisturizer. Try to find a moisturizer that has natural or organic ingredients. The use of too many chemicals everyday is not safe. I believe that if I want to live a long and healthy life, I must have a balance lifestyle. So It’s okay if all your products are not organic or 100% natural but the only way to be safe is not to over do one or the other.
Get more Sleep
- Sleep is just as important as drinking water. Get enough sleep as often as you can.
- Reduce stress from your life. Even if it’s only for an hour a day. Do something that you love and something that puts a smile on your face.
Let me know what are some of your skin care tips! Leave them down below in the comment section. I would love to try something new!